Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Overdue Update

Yes believe it or not I am actually posting a blog post. I know it has been forever. There has been a lot going on. On the family front Rick’s dad has been in the hospital since October 7th and we have had ups & downs but it looks like we are on the uphill swing. He is still in need of lots of prayers.


On the stitching front I have had several finishes in the last several months. I have finished block #5 on my Stoney Creek’s Natures home afghan. Yes it was back in July but it was a finish. I have had more finishes this year at this time than I did last year. Get this I sprained my wrist on Mother’s Day and was in a splint for 12 weeks so that that sort of cut into my stitching time. My next finish was 07-11-2010 Heart in Hand Fall Fobs Needle Roll 32ct Belfast
Dirty Linen. This was a really quick stitch. I decided at the last minute I wanted to entry the needle roll class at our county fair I got a Blue ribbon it. Next I finished 09-02-2010 Lizzie Kate Prayer Connection 36ct R&R Linen Lt Cappuccino. I think this is one of my favorites from Lizzie Kate now. I purchased enough Weeks Dye Works fiber to make 3 or 4. I want to give this one to some friends as a gift! This first one will be for my Home Extension Secret Sister for Christmas.
In September I found out a dear friend was diagnosed with breast cancer so I stitched 10-03-2010 Lizzie Kate Peace Love & Cure 32ct Belfast Linen Mint Green. I have to get it wrapped so I can get it to her. I really like how it turned out. The last one I finished yesterday but I am not posting the picture on my blog because it is a Christmas gift and I do not want to give away the surprise.
I also have stitched a couple others that I received honors on at our county fair. The honors I received at the fair on my stitching were on Drawn Thread Toccata One, Elizabeth Designs Winter Flower Sampler & Bent Creek Snapperville SnapperBorder. They are pictured with under the photo tab named 07-24-2010 Julie & Doug's Winnings in Open Class Judging.
I received a RAK in the mail the day after our 22nd Wedding Anniversary from a dear friend Christine Wilson. She is such a wonderful kind person…I am so blessed to say she is a friend. Thank you so much for my Halloween Q-Snap huggie.
Oh I almost forgot our BIGGEST news!!! Doug is wanting to show a Dairy Steer in 4-H for his 10 year. We got him the weekend after Labor day. He has been a great addition. He has such personality. He is also wanting to show a Dairy Heifer but we have not gotten one as of yet. This is my favorite picture of Doug & Slinky together. Yes that is a funny name but Doug wanted to call him Ben after his friend but I would not let him so we put a twist on Ben's last name.

We are getting really excited for our cruise…15 days and counting!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the Halloween Huggie!! I am blessed to know you too!!! Love the new calf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finishes are beautiful, Julie. Enjoy the cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I do hope too enjoy it. This is our first ever cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice stitching and congrats on everything, enjoy your cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Debra! Sorry I missed the Fall Retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Julie Your finishes are very lovely. I love the Prayer from Lizzie Kate. I have to get that one very soon. Have a great time on the cruise. Please show pictures when you return ~hugs, Vicky L from CT

    ReplyDelete